Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Top Five *scratch that* Ten Movies on an Island" Lists

Inspired by the Five Movies on an Island Blogathon hosted by Rick of Classic Film and TV Café, I am now in the mood to make more Five Movie Lists. For example, seeing B Noir Detour's blogathon post where they included their list of Five Noirs, prompted me to list my top five Noirs:

1. High Sierra (1941) - Humphrey Bogart, Ida Lupino, Joan Leslie
2. The Maltese Falcon (1941) - Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre
3. Laura (1944) - Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb
4. Nobody Lives Forever (1944/46) - John Garfield, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Walter Brennan
5. The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) - John Garfield, Lana Turner
Now that list was pretty easy because I haven't seen all that many film Noirs - the most was during the free TCM Noir online class last year.

But what about a top five from each decade? That could be a little more challenging. Top five of each genre: comedy, drama, musical, western - some easier than others. Top five of my favorite actors?

So here goes. I'll start first with top five top ten (sorry, five is just TOO hard) for each decade (in chronological order). Tomorrow I'll kick off with my top ten films from the 1930s (I've only seen two and a half movies from the 1920s so...).

No comments:

Post a Comment